Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Two Things

First, I'm very excited because yesterday I hit my next goal, so I have officially lost 10% of my body weight! I got my WW keychain and am so happy to have hit that goal. I still have a long way to go, but I'm finally noticing a difference in how I look and in how clothes fit. The skirt I wore today is one of my favorite skirts, but two months ago, it was painful to wear. It was so tight that it dug into my skin, and I may or may not have unzipped the top of it a little toward the end of the work day. Now it fits great, and is even heading toward being a little loose! I'm proud of myself for sticking with this for 12 whole weeks with no intention of stopping any time soon!

My Mini Goals:
10 lbs. by September 12  Done, on schedule!
15 lbs. by October 10  Done, on schedule!
18 lbs. (my 10% goal) by October 24 Done, one week late (10/31)
20 lbs. by November 7
25 lbs. by December 5
28 lbs. (my 15% goal) by December 19
30 lbs. by January 2
35 lbs. by January 30
38 lbs. (my 20% goal) by February 20
40 lbs. by March 5
45 lbs. by March 26
47 lbs. (my 25% goal) by April 9
50 lbs. by April 23 - GOAL WEIGHT!!

Second, I want to take part in something I've seen on some other blogs. Since November is the month of Thanksgiving, many bloggers are taking a couple of minutes a day to write about something they're thankful for. I think that's a great idea and will really force me to examine my life and all the gifts and blessings I've been given. So today, November 1st, I am thankful for electricity. With the freak snowstorm that hit this area over the week, hundreds of thousands of people in my state are without power. Many of these people were without power for up to a week just two months ago when Hurricane Irene hit New England. It was bad enough back then, but now it's gotten cold and with no electricity comes no heat. I'm very fortunate to have both and I'm thankful to be able to take hot showers and keep my food cold and type on this laptop. None of that would be possible without electricity, and while I may grumble when the bill comes, times like this remind me why I should be happy that I have electricity to pay for at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment