Monday, November 7, 2011

A Goal Met and Giving Thanks

I clocked a 1.8 pound loss at WW this week, bringing me to an even 20 lbs lost, and putting me back on track with my goal schedule!

My Mini Goals:
10 lbs. by September 12  Done, on schedule!
15 lbs. by October 10  Done, on schedule!
18 lbs. (my 10% goal) by October 24 Done, one week late (10/31)
20 lbs. by November 7 Done, on schedule!
25 lbs. by December 5
28 lbs. (my 15% goal) by December 19
30 lbs. by January 2
35 lbs. by January 30
38 lbs. (my 20% goal) by February 20
40 lbs. by March 5
45 lbs. by March 26
47 lbs. (my 25% goal) by April 9
50 lbs. by April 23 - GOAL WEIGHT!! 

I'm really not sure how that happened, as I definitely went over my points this week. I'm not sure exactly how much I went over, but I'd say it was about 10 points or so. I know there were a few things that I ate while tailgating on Saturday that I forgot to track. I guess this is the point where I'm happy I'm doing weight training instead of being discouraged by it like I was a few weeks ago. I lost a total of 5 pounds in my four weeks of weight training, which is not too shabby. And I think my metabolism is starting to pick up enough that I can eat a little more and, in fact, I need to eat a little more, and still lose weight. I was doing an exercise with a 20 lb weight yesterday and marveling that that is how much weight I've lost. I don't feel that much lighter, so it's pretty cool to have something tangible like that to show me how far I've come. That 20 lb weight is heavy!!

I'm noticing other nice changes too. My biceps definitely feel more defined, though I don't think my arms actually look any different when they're bare. And I'm noticing more definition in my quads, too. Walking down some stairs at work the other day, I could see a nicely defined thigh through my black pants and that was cool to see. I still have miles to go before my naked body will look better, but it's nice to know I can sort of fake it when I'm clothed!

So today, I am thankful for Weight Watchers. I've been at it for 13 weeks now, which is close to the longest I've stuck with any eating plan before. And I don't have any intention of stopping any time soon, or even at all. This is a plan I can live with. I've made it through my birthday, friends' birthdays, gatherings with family, half of football season, the Big E, and tailgating and still keep losing. I've found that I can enjoy myself on these occasions, indulge in the things I love (though in far less quantities than what I used to consume!) and continue to move in the right direction. I'm proud of myself that in 13 weeks of trying to lose weight, I never posted a gain for the week. In fact, I've lost weight 12 out of the 13 weeks. That one pesky week where I stayed the same will forever bother me because it broke a perfect streak, but I know that I'm still doing incredibly well and should be proud of myself. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment