Monday, October 17, 2011

Stupid Scales

I had a pretty good week with WW last week - as of Saturday morning, I still had 35 weekly points left, along with 13 activity points I'd earned from exercising 4 days during the week. I restarted ChaLean Extreme on Monday, so I wasn't quite sure how my body would react to reintroducing weight lifting into my routine. I know that long term, weight lifting is hugely beneficial to weight loss, but sometimes you can show a gain at first and I was nervous about it. So I was glad to see that when I weighed myself for my Biggest Loser weigh-in on Saturday, I was down 1.2 lbs. I proceeded to use all the rest of my weekly points and a few of my activity points over the rest of the weekend, but still, I was within the points that I had.

This morning before I left for work, I weighed myself wearing the clothes I would have on for WW. Still down 1.2 lbs. Awesome! I got to WW today feeling pretty hopeful. I stepped on the scale and was told I lost 0.4 lbs. WTF? Seriously? It would have been one thing to lose 0.4 if I had been expecting it. After having 30 points of beer yesterday, I would almost have deserved it! But having expected a better number, I'm feeling really disappointed. Plus, now that means I need to lose 2.6 lbs by next Monday in order to hit 10% on that date like I planned. It's doable, I know, because I've done it before, but not for over a month. My body doesn't seem to want to let go of weight that quickly anymore. I'm definitely going to give it my best effort, but it's a little more daunting than I would like! Blah.

On a more positive note, I had two non-scale victories last week. First, I discovered I was able to put my biggest pair of jeans on and off without unbuttoning/unzipping them. Yay! I don't feel like I look any different, but that's proof that I'm losing weight even if I don't feel it. Second, I saw a friend yesterday who I haven't seen in a while, maybe since late July. So he had no idea I was doing WW. He noticed my weight loss and that made my day. I've had other people tell me that they notice I lost weight, but they all know that I'm doing WW so I wonder how much of it is just them being encouraging. Which I appreciate, don't get me wrong, but somehow it means more coming from somehow who hasn't seen me in some time and who doesn't have a clue I've been working away at this.

I just need to focus on those things and less on the number on the scale, though that's easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment