Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stuck

So, Weight Watchers sucked yesterday. I lost no weight. Same exact weight as last week. At least it wasn't a gain, and I know I should be happy about that, but it still sucks. A whole week of tracking points and exercising like crazy for no progress at all. Blech. It would be one thing if I knew I cheated or went over my points. But I didn't, at all. Yes, I used every last one of my points, but that's what they're there for. And I even did little bits of exercise here and there throughout the week while watching TV that I didn't even log for activity points, so I thought that would help too. Nope. I still feel that I'll be able to hit my next goal with no problem - lose 4 pounds by October 10 - but I was hoping to make progress toward it this week. The closer we get to fall, with all its glorious foods and holidays and hiding inside under blankets, the harder it's going to be to lose weight, I know. So I wanted to have a good head start and not have my progress stalled. Plus, I'm super competitive, even with myself, and I hate that my streak of losing weight was broken. Five weeks in a row and then I blew it. Yuck.

Because I was frustrated yesterday, and just in a generally glum mood for a variety of reasons, I ate way more than I should have last night and used 10 of my extra weekly points yesterday. Stupid. I hate using points that early in the week, as that means now I have to exercise even more to give myself a cushion for the weekend. I'll be away this weekend visiting with family, and the foods available to me will be pretty much out of my control. I'm going to do my best to make good decisions, but it's a lot harder to do when I'm eating out at restaurants or eating food someone else has prepared. I NEED to post some good numbers on Monday though, both for my mental health and because on Tuesday I am taking the day off to go to the Big E, the largest fair in the Northeast. Basically, the Big E is synonymous with fried things, and Weight Watchers be damned, I'm going to enjoy myself!

At my WW meeting yesterday, the leader asked who uses all of their weekly points. I was absolutely shocked to find that most people don't. A couple of women even commented that 49 points is a lot and they have a hard time using them even if they wanted to. I'm sorry, WHAT??? I don't get it. Do these people never leave the house? I guess if I never went out with friends, or didn't drink alcohol, or had no life at all, it would be fairly easy to stick with the 29 points/day and not use many of the extra points. But wow, in my 6 weeks of WW so far, I think there was only one week where I didn't use all 49 points. Hell, the last two weeks I used them all plus 25 - 30 activity points. I'm sort of envious of these women that don't need to use them, but at the same time I wouldn't trade my life and the fun times I have with friends over good food and drinks for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found your blog recently and know so well how frustrated you must be feeling! do try and remember that muscle weighs 4 times more than fat, so while the scale may stay the same your body is getting healthier and stronger. Even with that in mind I understand its disheartening.

    (I also find it weird that some women seem to find the points too much :P) I reckon its like celebrities who say they dont have to diet! Somewhere inside us we feel the need to make it look easy!

    Hang in there, you know the rules, you just have to keep playing the game. Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete