Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

So I've been seriously neglecting this blog for the last two months, but I've seen this Year in Review questionnaire floating around the blogosphere and thought it would be fun to do, and nice to have to look back on a few years from now.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Got a Brazilian wax

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes and no. My main resolution, as usual, was to lose weight. I didn't start trying until the year was more than half over, but I'm down 26 pounds so far, with about 20 more to go. I also resolved to be better with money. That was a roller coaster. I sort of take one step ahead and two steps back when it comes to this. I'll buckle down and pay some bills, and then find something else to spend money on, sometimes fun stuff, sometimes unforeseen expenses. I'm going to continue to work on both of these this year. And my third resolution for 2012 is to be more outgoing/daring/less shy. Being such an introvert is not helpful and not going to get my anywhere, and I need to work on that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my good friends at work had a beautiful baby boy named Javier in September.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, I've been very blessed in that regard after a few hard losses a couple of years back. Knock on wood.

5. What countries did you visit?
The Bahamas

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A boyfriend

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 4 - 7, Boozapalooza!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 26 pounds

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not completing everything on my 30 by 30 list

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was very sick on July 4th and had a miserable day, but otherwise I was mostly healthy. Knock on wood again!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My glittery gold pumps. They're fabulous.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, taxes, condo association, happy hour

13. What did you get really excited about?
My cruise to the Bahamas in February, the final Harry Potter movie, Boozapalooza, the Big E

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida. This was sort of the anthem on our cruise and will always make me think of it.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? About the same
thinner or fatter? Thinner!
richer or poorer? Poorer

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I can't actually think of anything

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I suppose I should say sleeping/watching TV/surfing online, but I don't care. I like those things!

18. How did you spend Christmas?
Went to church with my family, opened presents, took a long bath, ate lobster risotto, played Taboo with Laura, Mom, and Ty.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The Hunger Games series

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Adele and on the opposite side of the spectrum, LMFAO

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Crazy Stupid Love

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the Big 3-0. I went to Boston with some of my best friends, had dinner with my parents (paid for by my brother!) and spent the night in a hotel.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Any of these three things: Reaching my goal weight, paying off my debt, or dating a wonderful guy. Hell, even just kissing a wonderful guy.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Wear whatever I can find in my closet that fits. And heels. Oh, and big sparkly jewelry.

26. What kept you sane?
My friends. Always my friends, near and far.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
That my happiness and success lies with me and me alone. If I don't fight for myself, no one else is going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment